10 May 2012
VIRAC, Catanduanes -- Virac is spearheading a chess tournament from May 26-27 to be held at Virac ABC Hall.
The activity aims to develop and promote sports awareness of the participants especially the youth. It intends to bring out youth excellence in sports as a way to divert their attention from unconstructive and harmful activities that could ruin their lives and future.
The tournament offers P5,000 for the first placer in the open category, with the age 16-under champion and age 12-under champion to earn P2,500 and P2,000, respectively. A Eureka chess set will also be given to champions in the three categories.
According to tournament coordinator Bonifacio Molina, those who are interested must bring a valid ID or photocopy of birth certificate. A registration fee of P200 for the open category and P100 for the age categories will be required per participant.
Deadline for the registration of enthusiasts is on May 25. (EAB-PIA 5, Catanduanes)
- 24/07/2012 06:38 - Medical assistance ng Ako Bicol para sa mga kababayang Bikolano, patuloy sa pagbuhos at paglawak sa pamamagitan ng programang 'Tabang sa Karahayan'
- 19/07/2012 21:42 - AKB, isinusulong ang House Bill 6386 para parusahan ang mga may sala sa krimen ng MOP-bullying
- 24/06/2012 08:51 - 51 gets home under adopt-a-child project
- 24/06/2012 08:50 - Baras town tops revenue collection in Bicol, gets Seal of Good Housekeeping
- 15/05/2012 19:42 - SSS Catanduanes gets Seal of Excellence Award
- 10/05/2012 23:12 - DepEd gears up for Brigada Eskwela 2012
- 07/05/2012 21:02 - Militar at NPA, nagka-enkwentro sa Catanduanes
- 07/05/2012 20:57 - PNoy inaugurates Doppler radar, leads power plants switch-on
- 02/05/2012 19:05 - Inagurasyon kan kaenot-enoteng Dopller Radar System sa Asya, all set na; P- Noy, pangenot na bisita
- 01/05/2012 07:40 - Diskwento Caravan to roll out this summer