24 June 2012
VIRAC, Catanduanes -- The municipality of Baras surpassed other fifth-class towns in Bicol Region in revenue collection from fees and charges for 2011.
The administration of Baras generated P1.31 million from the P442,000 target or 296 efficiency collection percentage.
The award is the town’s second consecutive wherein it also ranked first in 2012 in business tax collection reaching P697,000 collection from P358,000 target accounting to a collection efficiency of 195 percent.
The town also received the Seal of Good Housekeeping due to its exemplary performance in internal housekeeping for Collection Year 2011 in the areas of Good Panning, Sound Fiscal Management Transparency and Accountability, and Valuing Performance Management.
Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Jesse Robredo awarded the certificate of recognition for the Seal of Good Housekeeping to the municipal government of Baras received by mayor Chito Chi of said town.
According to Mayor Chi, these accomplishments were the product of cooperation between the local government and its constituents.
He likewise expressed gratitude to his colleagues for working hard for the delivery of better service to the people. (MAL/EAB-PIA5, Catanduanes)
- 24/07/2012 06:40 - Sangkot sa droga, nalambat ng pulisya
- 24/07/2012 06:39 - Construction worker, nagpatiwakal sa dagat
- 24/07/2012 06:38 - Medical assistance ng Ako Bicol para sa mga kababayang Bikolano, patuloy sa pagbuhos at paglawak sa pamamagitan ng programang 'Tabang sa Karahayan'
- 19/07/2012 21:42 - AKB, isinusulong ang House Bill 6386 para parusahan ang mga may sala sa krimen ng MOP-bullying
- 24/06/2012 08:51 - 51 gets home under adopt-a-child project
- 15/05/2012 19:42 - SSS Catanduanes gets Seal of Excellence Award
- 10/05/2012 23:13 - Virac to hold Chess fest
- 10/05/2012 23:12 - DepEd gears up for Brigada Eskwela 2012
- 07/05/2012 21:02 - Militar at NPA, nagka-enkwentro sa Catanduanes
- 07/05/2012 20:57 - PNoy inaugurates Doppler radar, leads power plants switch-on