07 May 2012
NAGA CITY, (PIA) -- In line with this city’s campaign to equip the law enforcers with basic know-how on disaster preparedness, the Public Safety Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office and Disaster Management Office (DMO) here conducted a stay-in disaster training entitled, “Collapsed Structures Search and Rescue Training,” held at the Metro Naga Sports Complex at Pacol here.
The three-day training was participated by 36 personnel representing various government agencies like the Public Safety Office (PSO) , Philippine National Police (PNP), Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), Naga City Rescue, and Bicol Medical Center (BMC) personnel.
DMO chief Ernesto Elcamel said that the seminar covered trainings on collapsed structures caused by earthquakes, landslides, and fire.
Naga City, as an urban area being occupied by big businesses housed in various high buildings and elevated place of work are not an exemption to any occurrence of the aforementioned calamities.
Camarines Sur in particular, also has numerous municipalities which are mostly located in landslide-prone areas. The training will be most useful to the law enforcers in case of any eventuality.
Topics discussed during the seminar include the identification and marking of different hazardous and collapsed structures. The participants were also exposed on various scene assessments including medical operation in collapsed structures.
Pool of resource persons, headed by Fire Inspector Glenn Rodrigueza of BFP Regional Office, also discussed the different kinds of search and rescue techniques in collapsed structures, engineering systems in collapsed structures, shoring devices, moving and lifting debris, cribbing and leveraging techniques and fire suppression.
The partakers were also made to identify the different hazardous materials and were familiarized with the standard marking systems.
Elcamel said that the activity will prepare the participants to efficiently mitigate disasters and lessen if not totally eliminate the possibility of having casualties during the occurrence of a particular catastrophe. (MAL/LSM-PIA5, Camarines Sur)
- 10/05/2012 23:11 - Grid Corp. naglaan ng P355M sa pagpapalawak ng South Luzon substation
- 10/05/2012 23:10 - Phl hindi na aangkat ng bigas sa susunod na taon-DA Sec. Alcala
- 10/05/2012 23:08 - Sorsogon panglima sa may pinakamababang insidente ng kahirapan
- 07/05/2012 21:01 - DSWD expands Kalahi-CIDDS coverage to 20 new municipalities
- 07/05/2012 20:59 - DA distributes P15.9 M worth of farm machinery in Camarines Norte
- 07/05/2012 20:58 - EN Camarines Sur: DOLE Bicol celebrates Labor Day with Job’s Fair and livelihood grants
- 03/05/2012 10:17 - DSWD-5 identifies Bicol provinces as PAMANA recipients
- 03/05/2012 10:16 - 12 pinuno ng mga senior citizen tumanggap ng P6,000 honorarium
- 02/05/2012 19:00 - DSWD-5 identifies Bicol provinces as PAMANA recipients
- 02/05/2012 18:59 - PhilHealth Bicol to members: avail of 50% discount on premium contribution