07 August 2012
VIRAC, Catanduanes - The National Food Authority (NFA) here is now selling Grade No. 1 well-milled rice to consumers at P28 per kilogram.
NFA Catanduanes Provincial Manager Oscar Tubalinal said the agency has started selling it to consumers after the arrival of 14,000 bags from mainland Bicol as part of the dispersal program.
Tubalina added that NFA has since carried out procurement of paddy, buffer stocking, processing activities, dispersal of paddy and milled rice to strategic locations and distribution of the staple grain to various marketing outlets at appropriate times of the year as part of the measures and strategies to ensure stability of supply and price of the staple grain-rice as well as food security.
He also assured the locals here of adequate rice supply in the province.
Tubalinal said the stock of rice available in their office is just enough to meet the demands of consumers in the entire province.
NFA is also selling same rice to accredited grain retailers at P1,300 each per bag. Moreover, the regular milled-rice is being sold for P1,250 per bag for accredited grain retailers and P27 per kilograms to regular consumers. (MAL/EAB-PIA5, Catanduanes)
- 11/12/2012 09:59 - Tourism Congress starts today in Naga City
- 11/12/2012 09:58 - Labi ng 2 pang minero natagpuan na sa Camarines Norte
- 11/12/2012 09:58 - Albay's smoke-free ordinance now in effect
- 11/12/2012 09:57 - P1.142-B Albay West Coast Road, napunduhan na
- 07/08/2012 22:29 - TESDA to launch P1.3-B 'Anti-tambay' program for out-of-school youth
- 07/08/2012 22:26 - Villafuerte at Lee, pinakamayaman at pinakamahirap na gobernador sa Bicol
- 24/06/2012 08:46 - DOLE V holds basic labor laws orientation
- 15/05/2012 19:43 - DA allots P10M for Bicol livelihood projects
- 15/05/2012 19:42 - DPWH V fast tracks projects to address flooding
- 15/05/2012 19:41 - Pamamahagi ng forestry seedlings, patuloy sa CamNorte